The blog of 'The Arduino Guy' aka Mike McRoberts, author of Beginning Arduino.

11 August 2014

Wireless Environmental Monitoring

Monday, August 11, 2014 By

I've been asked to get involved in an Arduino based environmental monitoring project recently. I'm looking forward to it as it's been a while since I dusted off my Arduino's and actually did anything with them. it's also a good excuse to get my lab up and running and used for it's intended purpose.

The basic premise of the project is to have sensor nodes monitoring things such as temperature, pressure, humidity, light levels and so on and then send that data wirelessly back to a base station which will upload it to a web server. Nothing that hasn't been done before in one way or another but a nice project to get involved with.

So i'm currently researching various types of radio units, sensors, methods of battery conservation and so on that will be needed in the project. I will of course keep you updated with my project as time goes on.




0 comments:

Post a Comment